Yes, Cape Town does have a vast selection of department stores and boutiques, but what about supplementing your shopping with some bargain-hunting at the factory shops and shopping at Access Park? Access Park outlet stores and factory stores can be found in two locations, one in Bellville and the other in Kenilworth, Cape Town. Here you can find goods at half the price that you would find them in regular retailers. From cigarettes to clothing to carpets, you can find almost anything at Access Park; and best of all, you will probably find it cheaper than at other retailers.
American actress and model Bo Derek once said: “Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” Bo Derek certainly would have enjoyed shopping at Access Park, where it’s bargain or bust! Particularly in todays’ less than favourable economic conditions, even seasoned shopaholics have to tighten their purse strings as petrol prices, inflation and daily living expenses continue to rise and leave less money left over for leisure. The good news is that you don’t necessarily have to compromise on some of the brands you enjoy as the outlets and factory stores at Access Park offer the same names at cheaper prices. In fact, Access Park has become popular with tourists, who can use the double benefit of the favourable South African exchange rate to save even more on their purchases from the factory shops and shopping at Access Park.
Which shops can I find at Access Park?
At both Kenilworth and Bellville you will find a wide variety of factory shops, although the Kenilworth branch is the bigger of the two. To list all the factory shops and shopping at Access Park would be an exhaustive task (rather have a look at their website on www.accesspark.co.za) but some of the most well-known and popular retailers selling items at discounted prices are:
- Sports brands such as Nike, Reebok, New Balance and Adidas
- A number of baby stores
- Cape Union Mart
- A variety of shoe stores
- A number of luggage shops
- Mr Price
Other items sold at Access Park at unbeatable prices are:
- Ladies’ fashion, men’s fashion, and kids’ fashion
- Cosmetics and perfume
- Sports accessories and clothing
- Restaurants and fast food outlets
- Party goods and toys
- Fresh produce such as fruit and vegetables
- Spectacles and sunglasses
- Motor sport and sound
- Bridal wear
- Hair salon and skin care
Where can I source this shopping Mecca?
Both Access Park branches are conveniently located and relatively easy to find. The Kenilworth outlet stores can be found on the corner of Doncaster Road and Chichester Road, close to the M5 and the Kenilworth shopping centre; and the Access Park Belleville branch is located on 1 Van Riebeeck Road in Kuilsriver.
Hints and tips for happy shopping
- Both Access Park venues can get quite busy so parking is not as easy to find as good bargains are – get there early or carpool to save yourself a meandering mission. You can also consider taking public transportation, such as a taxi or bus.
- Access Park is a bargain hunter’s paradise so if you are an impulsive shopper, be sure to check out all the shops you are interested before buying so that you don’t blow your budget and miss out on other great deals elsewhere.
- Access Park is open on Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00; on Saturday from 09:00 to 15:00; and on Sunday from 10:00 to 14:00.
- Bring the whole family along. With the range of factory shops and outlets at both Access Park venues, there is something for everyone. But be warned… this may also mean bringing along the credit card!
- If you have any further queries, you can contact the Kenilworth Centre Manager Desiree White on 021 683 5885 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Bellville Centre Manager Wesley White on 021 903 6523 or email@example.com.